This Series was actually brought into existence during time spent in the hospital for a severe pain management treatment and being able to read a wonderful book entitled:
The Burden Bearer
by Dr. Paul W. Chappell | pgs. 146-47
One specific statement stuck out to me, as it is one that I’ve used for many years now:
“I Am A Realist.”
Can remember a few times that after saying that statement, having a some of the weirdest looks cast my direction – but they understood it once the following simple explanation was given…
Most of the time a realist is considered a person who only accepts things that they can see, touch, smell, taste, manipulate, move, change, hear, overpower, etc. as being “Real”. Typically a Realist, in the World’s sense, is a Scientist and motivated individual whose discovery of what is “Real” to them is what they consider to be “Real”.
If anything, I’m directly the opposite of that in the following manner… We are using science today to prove what I’ve already accepted. It is NOT possible, being the Science and Mathematics person that I am, to even contemplate what we are today came about from some cosmic burp.
- As a Redeemed Child of God, I’ve been changed in a manner that cannot be “seen” but people can see it in me.
- As the Temple of the Holy Spirit, I can hear Him speak to me while no one else can, but other people notice the response even though they have never met me before.
- As a Spirit led Christian, a passage of Scripture can be read 20 times and have 20 different applications, even though the Word of God has not changed – it is me that has changed – which I can relay to others, which we just shake our heads when we find out we’ve been told the same thing, at two different times, besides the fact that person and I’ve never discussed it – ever.
- As Blood bought Sinner, when I go to the Father to ask Forgiveness and Seek Restoration, there is a quieting of the storm that extends to others who have had that same type of storm because they detect it themselves – all the while, neither individual divulged what their trial actually is, was or has been.
- As a Praying Christian, a specific person comes upon my heart to pray for – right then, or send a message to, perhaps to call – at the VERY instant that person is at an extreme low – all to find out, by being Faithful – God the Father would use the Holy Spirit to heal a heart that is hurting.
- The list can go on, and on, and on… Each of these items is REAL and that is why “I Am A REALIST”. Too many things have been shown me in my life to not believe it is REAL.
Are there Moments in your life where there is NO other explanation than Intercession that we’ve had the opportunity to Encourage someone – even when we have NO idea what the challenge might be or has even been? Those “times” can be all kinds of things, even those that we’d prefer didn’t come our way, BUT even those can have a Divine plan set in them that in no other manner would occur.
Is there a fountain of opportunity for us to learn just what a Realist REALLY is? There are all kinds of things we can see which confirm the “Happenings” of the Work of the Holy Spirit, but rarely are they any better known than when they happen to you and me. The more we walk with the Lord, the closer the Relationship will become and so will being able to recognize where He will use us in ways that seem too far fetched for some, or just maybe we will see in that Moment He is showing us something beyond what Science will EVER be able to explain – HIS Power, Love, Grace, Mercy, Faithfulness, Redemption, Forgiveness…
Titles To Consider
These nine (9) statements give us a quick insight as to how this Series sits up, where we will want to eagerly learn the truth of each one as we choose to live for our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ.
- But For A Moment
- Joy Cometh In The Morning
- Lips That Deal Truly Are His Delight
- Have Mercy On Thee, Saith the LORD
- We Shall Be Changed
- The Just Shall Live By Faith
- We Are The Children Of God
- It Shall Be Revealed By Fire
- When His Glory Shall Be Revealed
May we find that each of us are God’s Realist, for what He says is as Real as Eternity – both in what we need to heed right now and what He has Promised to each of us as Born Again, Blood Bought, Redeemed Children of the King of Kings and Lord of Lords!
But For A Moment | http://delivertheword.com/butforamoment
e-Courage Tutorial | http://delivertheword.com/how-to-use-e-courage